Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fitness over 40, my ongoing challenges

My exercise issues may sound a lot like yours. Some days it is more of a struggle than others and there are obstacles and set back we need to either get over, or let them hold us back. The holidays are no exception and while I followed my own advice to a large degree by staying away from the sweets, and drinking TONS of water a couple of pounds snuck up on me. Three to be exact. Not unreasonable when I just worked for months and lost 19 pounds however, I'm getting married in a week and being at my goal or below will make my smile even wider in those photos.

How will I deal with it? I have all ready taken the critical steps to put me back on track. Getting to the gym is a priority and nothing will stand in my way. When I am there I am making full use of my time there and planning my workout ahead of time to make sure I hit everything I need to.  My dress is sleeveless so I'd like my arms to look nice and some serious strength training will make them just a little better!   I have increased the intensity and duration of my cardio workouts to burn more calories.  I am also tracking my food intake which helps a great deal.  All the exercise in the world doesn't help if I sneakin' sweets and over eating.

Check back in a few days and I'll let you know how I am progressing.  It's an uphill battle but I WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment